This photo of our Crooked Gap Farm T-Bone Pork Chops & Swiss Chard with Bacon and Pears prepared and shared by the Larsons. Here’s what they have to say:
Amazing Crooked Gap Farm T-Bone chops made especially perfect for us by the processing at the Story City Locker! Don’t need much more than salt and pepper for pork perfection. You guys are an amazing team!!!! ~Christine Ano-Larson
And the bacon in that side dish in the photo was natural cured bacon from Crooked Gap Farm via Story City Locker too! Amazing pork! I have never tasted any better pork ever! ~Brent Larson
Swiss Chard with Bacon and Pears
6 oz. bacon, chopped
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 bunch Swiss chard
1 pear, diced
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook chopped bacon in a frying pan over medium heat for about 8 minutes, until golden brown.
2. Remove bacon from pan using slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add onion to pan and sauté about 6 minutes until translucent.
4. Meanwhile, rinse and dry chard thoroughly; slice the stems thinly and coarse chop the leaves.
5. Add pear, chard and vinegar to pan with onions; cover and cook for an additional 8 minutes until tender.
6. Top with bacon and serve!